Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday Muse: What Did You Read Growing Up?

What were your favorite books when you were growing up?
................


When I was about eight I started reading the Nancy Drew Mystery series and the Little House on the Praerie books. I have said this many times and I'll say it again, you can't go through life without reading  these books. I read all of the Laura Ingalls books and thirty-some odd Nancy Drew mysteries; still to this day my favorite Nancy Drew book is The Hidden Staircase. Last year or so I bought several sets of Nancy Drew and Hardy Boy mysteries which I read every once in awhile-my sister has even bought some of hard-to-find ones such as the 99 Steps. If you thought The Thirteenth Pearl was the last Nancy Drew book ever written think again. In 2007 numbers #58-#63 were published and have a slightly different look!


Have a question for me to feature in Monday Muse? I'd love to answer it! Leave a comment or send me an email at thefirstlibrarian@yahoo.com.

Photobucket

5 comments:

lovely1117 said...

Definitely the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys series as well as the Dear America series. =]

Orchid said...

I too read Little House on the Prairie (I still own like 5 of the LHP books) and Nancy Drew.

A Bookshelf Monstrosity said...

Such memories! These two series were on heavy rotation with me as well. I also loved many of Roald Dahl's books along with Babysitters Club, Sweet Valley High, Charlotte's Web, and The Phantom Tollbooth.

Morgan @ BLT said...

Oh, yes I loved the Dear America series. I think I started reading those when I was eleven or twelve.

mrsshukra said...

I read all the Nancy Drew books!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails