BLT provides an alternative perspective on Young Adult literature. I try to keep my blog's unique atomostphere by offering hontest opinions and recommendations in my reviews. I also feature information about content that will not only let teens know what to expect within a novel's pages, but parents and educators as well.
. Favorite Genres .
I try not to limit myself to only a few genres; I read contemporary, historical, fantasy, and science fiction. I tend to stay away from many vampire-related paranormal books and especially gossip-girl style novels for personal reasons. I also enjoy reading Middle Grade books because I think you can learn a lot from them and they are not just for kids. Adult books? Sure, I pick those up too. Some of my favorite genre/kinds of books include:
- Pirates... yo, ho, ho and a bottole of rum
- Home-spun novels, or books about country life
- Revolutionary-war era books (fiction and nonfiction)
- Arthurian tales
. What's With the Sandwich? .
The sandwich is a BLT (dur) and it normally stands for bacon, lettuce, and tomato; but in this case it stands for books and literature for teens. Catchy, huh?
. Who Writes These Reviews? .
My name is Morgan, as in Morgan le Fay, the first librarian of Camelot.......or so the legend goes. I started BLT because I love sharing my passion for reading; but more importantly I created this blog for teens to get an inside look on what's out there in YA fiction these days.
I've been reading avidly since I was eight and I discovered YA fiction about 5 years ago. I had great fun at the library growing up and ever since I got my first library card, the library has been my favorite place to go. The rest is history.
Other things you should know about me:
- When I come to the end of a book, I want to be able to take something away from it. That's how you'd impress me if you wrote a book.
- I don't do fluffy "it" girl book nor do I watch movies/TV shows like that. Period. I think they're shallow and meaningless.
- Don't always expect to find a review full of praise. If the book is really good it'll get what it deserves :)
- I'm not afraid to make a statement. How else do you think people get Pulitzer Prizes?
This is my kitty Julie (Jewey), photo taken on February 25, 2009 . She's a big girl. Check out my post [You're Not a Bookworm Without a Cat].
. Guest Posts & Other Mentionings of BLT .