Sunday, July 18, 2010

Reader Rally: Angie Frazier, Pirates in My Mailbox, Library Photos

. Debut Author Spotlight . 
Another Spotlight commin' right up! Like the last "Spotlight" featuring Anastasia Hopcu's debut novel, Shadow Hills? Let me hear your voice–comment! As for this next debut author, whose book actually came out last month, I wholeheartedly intended to buy her book but I couldn't actually find it at any of the bookstores :( I really wish they'd make more room for these kinds of books, instead they have a whole entire shelf dedicated to paranormal/vampire fiction (which is fine if you're into that genre). I hope this debut author's novel gets to grace my bookshelf soon!


ANGIE FRAZIER - Everlasting (June 1st, 2010)




Sailing aboard her father’s trade ship is all seventeen-year-old Camille Rowen has ever wanted. But as a girl of society in 1855 San Francisco, her future is set: marry a man she doesn’t love, or condemn herself and her father to poverty.
On her final voyage before the wedding, the stormy arms of the Tasman Sea claim her father, and a terrible family secret is revealed. A secret intertwined with a fabled map, the mother Camille has long believed dead, and an ancient stone that wields a dangerous—and alluring—magic.
The only person Camille can depend on is Oscar, a handsome young sailor whom she is undeniably drawn to. Torn between trusting her instincts and keeping her promises to her father, Camille embarks on a perilous quest into the Australian wilderness to find the enchanted stone.




Angie Frazier is a writer, mom, freelance editor, a good cook, and a horrible housekeeper. Angie’s debut novel, Everlasting, will be published in 2010 by Scholastic Press, and is a mixture of everything she loves in a good book: history, mystery, adventure, romance, and fantasy. Her middle grade novel, Suzanna Snow and the Mystery of the Midnight Tunnel, will be published in 2011. She lives in southern New Hampshire with her husband and their two daughters. - copied from Angie's Goodreads page


..........................................................................................
You can visit Angie at:

Don't forget to....... Become a fan on Goodreads | Follow on Twitter @angie_frazier


. My Trip to the Phoenix Public Library . 
As you might have read in previous Reader Rally posts I went on a trip to Phoenix, Arizona in June. During my stay there I got to visit the Phoenix Downtown Public Library branch... it was huge! Five stories to be exact with the top floor dedicated to nonfiction, the 3rd magazines/archives, and half of the 4th floor is entirely for YA books! To me the most impressive floor is the 5th or maybe the archives room. Thought you guys would like to see some pictures:
(Left) See? Five stories! (Right) The very impressive-looking elevator. Click to view larger pictures.
(Left) A pictures I snapped while flipping through the pages of a 1950s Ladies Home Journal magazine in the archives room. (Right) The rows and rows of book in the fiction section.

. What's In My Mailbox .
Since I haven't had a IMM post in awhile there is a lot of books to show. Some of them I purchased while in Phoenix and others I got at Hastings (they are still having a summer reading sales booklet for kids/teens). I also got to go to the famous ⇒Changing Hands⇐ bookstore in Tempe, Arizona. The YA section was pretty big. Lots of used books :)
(Left Photo: My Pirate Book Collection)
Pirates by Celia Rees (indie bookstore)
Isle of Fire (Book 2 in the Pirate Adventures) by Wayne Thomas Batson (Sam's Club)
Pirates: Scourge of the Sea by Jone Reeve Carpenter (Changing Hands)
The Red Necklace by Sally Gardner (Borders)
(Right Photo)
Circle of Blood (Forenstic Mystery #3) by Alene Ferguson (Hastings)
Song of the Sparrows by Lisa Ann Sandell (Changing Hands)
Ruined by Paual Morris (Borders)
Faithful by Janet Fox (Borders)

I've actually read Ruined, Faithful, and Song of the Sparrows all of which I loved! I have an extra copy of Pirates by Celia Rees as well as Faithful and Ruined. I wonder what I shall do with those....

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved Faithful, so I'm glad to hear you did as well. Can't wait for your upcoming reviews. :]

Related Posts with Thumbnails