Sunday, May 30, 2010

Reader Rally: Debut Author Spotlight

Hey, guys! Another week of warm and sunny weather has just flew by. It seems a lot has been happening around the blogosphere with the 2010 BEA just finishing up. [Sigh] I wish I could have gone this year... but New York is so big and so far away–I haven't a clue where to start? Perhaps I'll have a bit more information or a friend to bring to the BEA next year. Hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend and a fun time at the BEA! Keep wishing big and happy reading...


. Debut Author Spotlight .  
I've been meaning to whip up a post about some debut authors I've been looking forward to reading or have already read this year. Have a debut author you're looking forward to reading? Tell me about it by leaving a comment or sending an email! Since I don't want to make the post extremely long, I'm going introduce one author every week or so. Here is my first pick:


ANASTASIA HOPCUS - Shadow Hills (July 13th, 2010)

Since her sister’s mysterious death, Persephone “Phe” Archer has been plagued by a series of disturbing dreams. Determined to find out what happened to her sister, Phe enrolls at Devenish Prep in Shadow Hills, Massachusetts—the subject of her sister’s final diary entry. After stepping on campus, Phe immediately realizes that there’s something different about this place—an unexplained epidemic that decimated the town in the 1700s, an ancient and creepy cemetery, and gorgeous boy Zach—and somehow she’s connected to it all. But the more questions she asks and the deeper she digs, the more entangled Phe becomes in the haunting past of Shadow Hills. Finding what links her to this town…might cost her her life.


Anastasia Hopcus wrote her first novel in 2nd grade. It was entitled Fredrick the Friendly French Ferret and was seven pages long. During high school she wrote numerous short stories and started (but never finished) three screen plays, all as an alternative to actual schoolwork. Anastasia loves horror movies, Joss Whendon, obsessing over music, and British accents. She lives in Austin, Texas. - taken from Hopcus's bio page
...................................................................
Hopcus has a really neat website for both herself and her book. I urge you to check it out at {www.anastasiahopcus.com} and {www.anastasiahopcus.com/ShadowHills} There has been a lot of positive reviews around the blogosphere (you can read excerpts from some blogs you may know/follow on Shadow Hill's website) and I've recently discovered a soft-spot for thriller stories after reading a bunch last summer/fall (i.e. The Uninvited, The Stone Child, Ruined, etc). You can also find the first chapter and the book trailer on Hopcus's website as well!
Hopcus is also hosting a contest over at her blog! Win a personalized sighed copy of Shadow Hills, some bookmarks, buttons, and a magnet OR a bunch of other great stuff! Contest ends June 10th.


Don't forget to....... Become a fan on Goodreads  | Follow on Twitter @anastasiahopcus



Do you like reading Reader Rally? Let me hear your voice! Leave a comment [below] or zap me an email at thefirstlibrarian@yahoo.com

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really like posts like these! Keep 'em coming. :] I've read Shadow Hills, and I really enjoyed it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails