Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (3)

This book caught my eye because it had a southern, small-town charm to it and a character who has big dreams. Suzanne Supplee's other novel, Artichoke's Heart, sounded like a cute book too. I haven't read it yet, but I bought it for my Secret Santa this last Christmas and read the first couple of pages. What do you think of my find? Have you been waiting for another Supplee novel?
Somebody Everbody Listens To
by Suzanne Supplee



Retta Lee Jones is blessed with a beautiful voice and has big dreams of leaving her tiny Tennessee hometown. With a beaten down car, a pocketful of hard-earned waitressing money, and stars in her eyes, Retta sets out to make it big in Nashville. But the road to success isn’t a smooth one in a town filled with dreamers, and Retta begins to have doubts: can she make her mark while staying true to herslf? From the breakout author of Artichoke’s Heart, this bighearted novel is a must-read for anyone who has ever chased a dream (or hummed along with Taylor Swift).

Somebody Everybody Listens To will be released in book stores near you on My 13th, 2010!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, this is really different. Interesting pick!

Morgan said...

I love the cover, it look so inspirational. I'll be looking forward to reading this.

Nina said...

It sounds like a cute novel! Love the cover!

wdebo said...

Sounds great, and I love the cover also!! Great pick, I really want to read it now :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails