Saturday, July 4, 2009

"Born on the Fourth of July": A Booklist

Happy Independence Day! Anyone going to a firework show this evening? It's raining here, so I doubt I will be going anywhere. It doesn't really matter that much because I'm sure the neighbors will put on their own fire-cracker show..... starting around midnight, mustn't miss that. [Being sarcastic]
To celebrate our independence from England and our birth as a country, I put together a quick booklist about the Revolutionary War, stories of popular Revolutionary figures, Tories, and what went on behind the scenes during the forming of this country. I hope you guys can check these books out sometime. Have a great 4th!


Stories of Loyalty
Spy! by Anna Myers

The Battles: Words and Guns



Stories of Freedom
Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson
Give Me Liberty by L.M. Elliot


Little Known Stories of the Battlefield



Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!

I just stumbled across your blog and I've fallen in love!

Related Posts with Thumbnails