Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wishing on Wednesday (10)

"Wishing on Wednesdays" is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine
BLT features this muse weekly and to make it somewhat unique, I try to find books that haven't already been featured on other book blogs. Till next week, wish big and happy reading!



It’s tough enough defining your identity—imagine if your father was a rock legend.

Blanche Kelly's dad is a famous indie rock icon, but not many people at the private school she attends on scholarship know this. Her father left when she was in the first grade, and she can’t quite forgive her mom for not understanding that an artist like her dad needs the time and space to connect to his muse.

When Blanche creates an all-girl rock band, their sound captures a wide audience and the band is invited to compete at the Coachella Music Festival. Blanche feels this could be the perfect time for a reunion with her father. Won’t he be proud to hear her band? Won’t he be happy to get to know his only daughter?

Author Barbara Hall sensitively explores the expectations between parents and teens, as well as the value of learning about your past to make your own future. 

Hey guys! I'm back! Did ja miss me? Anyways here's a quick update: I will be posting a review of Ann Rinaldi's latest book, My Vicksberg on Thursday (review will be written by Margaret May, our "guest" reviewer) and my review of Cathy's Book AND Cathy's Key will be posted on Saturday. Now back to the book:

Why do I want to read this? Besides sounding very similar to I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone by Stephenie Kuehnert( which I'm desperately trying to get my hands on), I am just crazy about the cover art. Isn't it gorgeous? This, guys, is one of the reasons I want to be a graphic designer. 

Tempo Change by Barbara Hall will be released on June 9th!

1 comment:

Summer said...

you are good at picking different books to feature. thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails