Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday Muse: Pick or Plan

Monday Muse is a creation of B.L.T, which features discussion on books, the library, book covers, you name. Hope we give ya something to think about! Happy reading...

A lot of people I see at the library are searching for a specific book-more so in the usual bookworms or the kids with essays due the following day than the random browsers. The librarian asked me the other day if I needed help finding anything or if I was just browsing. It made me think. Are you the kind of person who walks around mumbling to themselves, list in hand, searching for a specific book(s); or are you the random browser who just picks up any book they're in the mood for? 

I actually do both. I usually have at least two or three books in mind (or written down) and the rest I just wing. And yes, I have a terrible habit of talking to myself when I looking for a book. Look on the bright side though. At least I'm embarrassing someone else for a change.

2 comments:

Summer said...

I pick and plan. I love reserving books and then going to pick up my book but also browsing too.

Laina said...

My library is supersmall, so I have to order in any books I want, but occassionally I'll look around to see if I can find anything new.

Related Posts with Thumbnails